FCB New Zealand’s leading effectiveness was recognised with 16 trophies at the 2019 Effie Awards in Auckland last night.
As well as taking home the Most Effective Agency of the Year the change agency also won the coveted Grand Effie award for Foodstuffs NZ. FCB NZ won 3 Gold, 8 Silver and 5 Bronze awards for its effective campaigns over the past 12 months.
David Thomason (DT), Chief Strategy Officer at FCB New Zealand said the awarded work was testament to FCB’s great clients, “Creating exceptionally effective work takes clients who are strategically consistent, bold and brave, and those are the clients we get to work with every day at FCB.”
The victory makes FCB the first agency in history to achieve the elusive awards hat-trick; winning the most awards at Axis for creative, Beacons for media and Effie for effectiveness, all within one year. Their spectacular year also included a slew of new client wins.
The Effie Awards, held at Eden Park, acknowledges clients who were boldly strategic, determined, creative, and brave – and empowered their agencies to be the same.
– Testicular Cancer NZ “A Conversation Starter for Cancer” (one gold award)
– Mercury “Energy Made Wonderful” (one gold award)
– Foodstuffs NZ “New Zealand’s Most Consistent Brand” (one gold award)
– Testicular Cancer NZ “A Conversation Starter for Cancer” (one silver award)
– Ministry of Education “Oat the Goat” (three silver awards)
– Mercury “Switch Stop” (one silver award)
– Fire and Emergency NZ “Igniting Lasting Action” (one silver award)
– Health Promotion Agency “Pre-Testie Bestie” (two silver awards)
– Testicular Cancer NZ “A Conversation Starter for Cancer” (one bronze award)
– Ministry for Social Development “The Undercover Crossword” (one bronze award)
– European Motor Distributors: Audi NZ “Melting Offer” (two bronze awards)
– Health Promotion Agency “Pre-Testie Bestie” (one bronze award)